Creating ‘apps’ for that!
- Design programming solutions for business information challenges.
- Use a wide range of unique software development languages to manipulate and present data.
- Write and edit source code and applets in interactive web-based applications such as HTML and Java.
You should have the ability to think logically; good speaking, reading, and writing skills, and the ability to pay attention to detail.
You Can Be . . .
- Computer consultant
- Computer applications specialist
- Web page designer
Learn about these occupations and more at O-Net.
Prepared for college in software development or Management Information Systems
Earn College Credits
Satisfactory completion of this program earns you college credits. See details on our College Partners page.
Students in the Computer Programming program may earn the following industry certification:
- Oracle Certification
- CareerSafe Safety Awareness Certificate
What’s it like?
This program presents current practices in the ever-changing world of data processing. Studies include design and internal functions, operations, computer operation and programming, web design, data processing and systems design.