Measuring up, making the cut!
- Create, build, and finish many unique structures.
- Work independently and in teams in all aspects of the construction process from laying foundations to roofing.
- Operate power tools used by professional builders.
You should have mechanical aptitude, coordination, stamina, physical strength, manual dexterity, mechanical dexterity, and no fear of heights.
You Can Be . . .
- Carpenter’s apprentice
- Maintenance carpenter
- Building supply salesperson
- Drywall installer
- Block or brick layer
Learn about these occupations and more at O-Net.
Prepared for immediate employment, apprenticeships, and further education.
Earn College Credits
Satisfactory completion of this program earns you college credits. See details on our College Partners page.
Students in the Construction Trades program may earn the following industry certification:
OSHA 10-Hour Construction Industry Certification
What’s it like?
The Construction Trades program prepares students to enter the building trades industry with marketable skills. The student will gain knowledge in the following areas:
- basic building materials
- blueprint reading
- brick and block laying
- rough framing
- door and window installation
- drywall hanging and finishing
- stair construction
- roofing and siding