Measuring Up! Building Your Future!
Do you enjoy building things? Are you interested in working with tools, cutting, measuring, and creating structures? In Construction Trades you’ll learn to build complete structures from the basement to the roof. You will install windows, staircases, flooring, siding, and roofing for all types of buildings. If you’re curious about creating structures from start to finish, start building your career in construction Trades!
- Create, build, and finish many unique structures.
- Work independently and in teams in all aspects of the construction process from laying foundations to roofing.
- Operate power tools used by professional builders.
CONSTRUCTION TRADES (CIP Code 46.0201)
You should have mechanical aptitude, coordination, stamina, physical strength, manual dexterity, mechanical dexterity, and no fear of heights.
You Can Be . . .
- Carpenter’s apprentice
- Maintenance carpenter
- Building supply salesperson
- Drywall installer
- Block or brick layer
Learn about these occupations and more at O-Net.
Prepared for immediate employment, apprenticeships, and further education.
Earn College Credits
Satisfactory completion of this program earns you college credits. See our list of universities we have articulation agreements with, and the PA SOAR Agreements this program is certified with at CollegeTransfer.NET.
Students in the Construction Trades program may earn the following industry certification:
- OSHA 10-Hour Construction Industry Certification
- Ladder Safety Certifications
What’s it like?
The Construction Trades program prepares students to enter the building trades industry with marketable skills. The student will gain knowledge in the following areas:
- basic building materials
- blueprint reading
- brick and block laying
- rough framing
- door and window installation
- drywall hanging and finishing
- stair construction
- roofing and siding